Submitted by: matrix
Last updated by: hapyangel
Last updated on : 3/21/2013
Oroville, WA 98844
Click to post on facebook!
GPS: -119.200394, -119.200394
Remove Listing From Site
Printer Friendly Version
Molson is a ghost town in Okanogan County. Molson
was founded in 1900 by promoter George B. Meacham, and investor John W. Molson.
The mining town's population boomed to 300 that year, and the town had a newspaper,
general stores, an attorney, doctor, saloon and hotel. By 1901, as the mining
was failing, the population fell to 13 people. When news of a railroad being
built in Molson arrived in 1905, the population rose again. J.H. McDonald filed
for a homestead including much of the town of Molson. In 1909 McDonald enforced
his homestead by publishing a notice that everyone on the property was required
to depart. Citizens then founded New Molson, ½ mile north of the site of Old
Molson. This is also possibly the location of Molson, Okanogan County that was
incorporated on February 13, 1920. It was then disincorporated on 6 October
1921 by order of the Washington State Supreme Court, as the incorporation was
declared invalid. The Molson post office was established July 14, 1900, with
Walter F. Schuyler as first postmaster. The post office was discontinued August
11, 1967, with mail to Oroville
Do you personally know about this location and wish to update the article? Click here to request control!
Upload Image to this location
No one has uploaded images here yet.